CLOSED NEEDLEFREE CAP FOR VIAL ACCESS
NIV®: "Needleless Injection Vial"
Many medications are stored in vials and extracted with a syringe, including antibiotics and chemotherapy drugs.
The rubber top on medication vials protects the contents from outside contamination. Needles pierce the rubber stopper easily, allowing access to the medication.
When drawing medication from a rubber-topped vial, it is essential that the proper procedures are followed, to prevent contamination and ensure the correct dosage.
NIV® is the first needlefree system of connection between vial and syringe
• Needlefree device, in compliance with needlefree policies.
• Possibility to be Custom designed.
• Minimizes foam formation during drug reconstitution, assuring the correct drug dose to the patient and avoiding medication waste and overfilling.
• Reduces aerosol and leaks caused by pressurization when accessing the vial.
• Mechanically and microbiologically closed system during and after multi-use, and therefore hermetically closed, avoiding contamination of the vial’s contents.
• Innovative material.
GOLD AWARD WINNER FOR BEST INNOVATION AT CPHI PHARMA AWARDS 2012